It is important to read and understand the Terms and Conditions as all transactions are subjected to these terms and conditions
Terms and Conditions (Agreement/Contract Between Buyer and Seller)
Discount Beds and Furniture (PTY) LTD is a Registered Company in terms of Section 14 of the Companies Act, 2008 .
By placing an order on www.discountfurnitureonline.co.za the buyer accept the Terms and Conditions below as it might affect the purchase. Should the buyer need more information contact Leon Chinner (Managing Director) on 0828458869 or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Each Clause is seperate - The buyer and the seller acknowledge that the terms and conditions is a contract and that both parties agree to all the clauses under the heading terms and conditions.If any clause of this agreement is or becomes illegal,invalid or unenforceable for any reason or in any jurisdiction,it will be treated as if it had not been written this does not -
Make the rest of the terms and conditions invalid or unenforceable or effect the legality ,validity or enforceability of this agreement . The terms and conditions cannot be changed by the buyer , the seller may change the terms without any notice. It is the resposibility of the buyer the read the terms and conditions and to contact the seller should any clause be unclear or not understood by the buyer .
Depends on the location where the delivery should be done .Transport/delivery fees are quoted for separately and will be invoiced as delivery costs. In the event that private contractors are mandated to do deliveries -Discount Beds and Furniture cannot be held responsible for late deliveries as certain circumstances i.e. Strikes , Vehicle Breakdowns , Driver abseentism cannot be predicted at the time sale . Couriers will be used to deliver merchandise outside a radius of 300km
Cancellation of orders
All orders are placed on line, it may not be cancelled after 14 working days, and refunds are subjected to certain administrative costs. In the event where goods were ordered from a supplier and then cancelled by the buyer the following will apply
1. Note must be taken that the buyer will be liable for an agreed cancellation fee (only if the the buyer cancell the order ) 15% of purchase price
2. Lead/Delivery dates cannot be guaranteed and are subjected to change as merchandise are sourced from suppliers and are directly delivered ex factory
3. Manufacturers cannot always guarantee that delivery dates are met
4. Note that the seller has the right to cancell any order should the merchandise are unavailable and Discount Beds and Furniture are unable to deliver
Note :- the buyer will be refunded in full once monies paid to the suppliers are refunded into our bank account
1. No Refunds will be done to Third Parties
2. Refunds will be processed within 30 working days after the date a cancellation has been accepted . Should a purchase be cancelled within the prescribed 14 days cooling off period - the refunds will be done within 7-10 working days provided the funds have been received back from the suppliers The completion of a refund request form by the buyer is required and the form must be forwarded via email to the sellers original email address .This rule does not apply to goods specially ordered on behalf of clients. Note : Where a special order was placed , refunds will be done once Discount Beds and Furniture received payment from the supplier, this may take longer than the normal refund period as all goods are prepaid . What is a special order ? The orderring of merchandise not displayed on the website. Amounts over R40,000 are subjected to a 60 working day refund period a refund request form should be completed .
3. Monies will be repaid using the same method as it were paid, i.e. we will refund into the same account the funds were paid from.
4. Credit card payments will be refunded into the same credit card account and not by any other means.
5. All exchanges are subjected to seller approval
6. A minimum fee of 15% of the purchase price will be assessed (re-stocking fee) on seller approved returns, exchanges or cancellations. Returned merchandise: The refund to the buyer will not be made until we have received such refund from the manufacturer. This process may take up to several weeks. All refund enquiries must be done in writing
7. Purchases may be cancelled by the Buyer or the Seller but good reason must be provided for such action - refunds will be done once funds have been received by the seller from the supplier - This apply to special orders and where the suppliers have been paid upfront and a deposit and or the whole amount was paid in full to the suppliers.
1. The Buyer assumes all risks associated with transportation of merchandise picked up. The seller will not exchange any damaged goods transported by the buyer
2. The Buyer agrees to measure doorways and stairways before ordering, as seller is not responsible for merchandise purchased .Should merchandise not fit through a doorway a refund will be declined
3. The SELLER CAN DESIGNATE A DAY FOR DELIVERY in liaison with the buyer , but not a specific time as various factors may have an impact on the delivery time.
4. Stock is sourced directly from suppliers and delivery is subject to the availability of stock from the suppliers
5. Delivery dates are given at the time of order in good faith but might change depending on the availability of merchandise.
6. Discount Beds and Furniture cannot be held responsible for late delivery under any circumstances whatsoever.
7. The display of products on this website or the advertisement of products does not necessarily guarantee availability of that product. NB
8. All our stock is sourced directly from local suppliers , manufacturers and importers and are subject to delivery lead times and are subject to the availability of merchandise
Ownership passes to the buyer on signing the delivery note with his/her name clearly printed alongside his normal signature NB. Full payment has to be made before delivery No goods will be left at delivery address without an authorized signature. Should our transport be required to return to the dispatch point all cost will be for the clients account. In other words Transport Costs back to our premises will be carried by the customer.
"Cannot find something a Product"
In providing this service, we will try our best to source and cost the requested product for the client from our list of suppliers with whom we buy, however, we do not guarantee the availability of any product and we reserve the right to decline any request at our discretion without providing any reason. We only deal with suppliers in the RSA. Specially ordered products will only be ordered after receipt of the full purchase price. We only dispatch once the Full price is paid.
All purchases are Strictly Cash we accept credit cards, through the Monster pay Gateway - all credit cards are accepted , but payments may take up to 5 working days to clear . All credit card transactions are secure but the onus is still on the buyer to ensure that payments are made according to the invoice from us . Preferred methods of payment: Electronic transfers "EFT" directly into our bank account, or cash deposit into our account prior to dispatch of goods unless otherwise agreed. Due to various FRAUD cases Cheques are no longer accepted requests to pay with cheques will be declined.
All goods supplied carry the manufactures warranty for service and repairs Note should be taken that warranties are only valid within the borders of South Africa ,once the supplier or a representative of Discount Beds And Furniture(PTY)LTD establish that goods delivered bear no defect then the "compliant' will be seen as finalized, note that no credit will be passed for goods already delivered
Exclusions and limitation of liability
We cannot be held liable for: - Any interruption, malfunction, downtime or other failure of our site - Any interruption, malfunction, downtime or other failure of goods or services supplied by third parties. - Any interruption, malfunction, downtime, damage caused by a product supplied by Discount Beds and Furniture(PTY)LTD, to any other property.
Internet Bank Fraud
Should there be any suspicion of Fraudulent Bank transfers into our bank account , We reserve the right to keep suspected fraudulent funds in our account up to 30 thirty days and to conduct an Investigation via the banks and to report the matter to the SAPS for further investigation. Clients are therefore urged to deposit correct amounts as per Invoice. Any queries in this regard must be done via email , no "sms" communication will be answered.
E & OE
Errors and omissions excepted this rule apply to all transactions and information
Governs the manner in which Discount Beds and Furniture ("we", "our") treats your personal information collected electronically when you use our website (which can be found at www.discountfurnitureonline.co.za), apply on-line for certain products and services, contact us electronically or register for one of the services offered on the website. We respect your privacy and your personal information and for this reason, we take all reasonable measures, in accordance with this Policy, to protect your personal information and to keep it confidential, even when you are no longer our customer.
We also voluntarily subscribe to the principles, outlined in Section 51 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 2002 ("ECT Act"), which govern your right to having your personal information kept private. We briefly outline these principles below:
We will only disclose, collate and process ("use") your personal information with your express written permission unless legally required to do so, and will only electronically use such information for the lawful purpose for which it is required.
We will disclose in writing, the specific purpose for which we use, request and store your personal information. We will also keep a record of that personal information and the specific purpose for which we collect it.
We will not use your personal information for any other purpose, other than that which we disclosed to you,unless the client give written permission to do so, or unless we are permitted to do so by law.
What is Personal and Confidential Information?
Personal information refers to information that identifies or relates specifically to you, for example, your name, age and identity number. Any information about what you buy, where you shop, where you bank, how you invest and all related information will also be regarded as personal information. In short, any information that we know about you will be regarded as your personal information. Personal information is further defined in the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002.
Your privacy is important to us. We will therefore not sell, rent or provide your personal information to unauthorized entities or other third parties, for their independent use, without your consent.
Confidential Information relating to marketing , financial information relating to transactions between the company its clients and suppliers are regarded as confidential.Any information regarding the companies client base ,suppliers and strategic business plans are deemed as confidentialstrategic plans sAntyany CCcc c , and ll avaaailableof both thth
Which laws apply?
Note that communication must be in writing (email) ,no sms or phone calls will be answered once there is a dispute , and we want to have your complaint and or dispute or request of whatever nature in writing .
Disclosure Requirements in terms of Section 43 (1) of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act No 25 of 2002 (as amended):
1. Full name and legal status : Discount Beds and Furniture (PTY)LTD
2. Registration number : 2012/089235/07
3. Place of registration : Pretoria
4. Physical address : 112 , 8 Th Avenue Cullinan
5. Telephone number : 012- 7340174 if no answer Leave Message or Call Mobile Phone 0828458869
6. Website address : www.discountfurnitureonline.co.za
7. Email address : email@example.com
8. Names of office bearers -Managing Director ; Leon L Chinner
9. Alternate dispute resolution code to which Discount Beds And Furniture(PTY)LTD subscribes : Disputes will be attended to by any appointed Attorney
10. Physical address for receipt of legal service of documents : No 112 8th Ave Cullinan
11.Characteristics of the goods/services offered : Discount Beds and Furniture(PTY)LTD is an online retailer of Lifestyle products and Furniture related products. Supply takes place direct from Suppliers
12. The full price of the goods or services, including transport costs, taxes and any other fees or costs : All prices are displayed online. Discount Furniture(PTY)LTD cannot be held responsible for incorrect prices as human errors occur from time to time
13. Manner of payment : Payment methods Credit Card,EFT,Debit Card.No COD transactions will be entered into
14. The lead time within which the goods will be dispatched or delivered or within which the services will be rendered : As per the lead times quoted on the website may vary from time to time and are subject to change
15. Return, exchange and refund policy : As per explanation on the website
17. Cooling off period: 14 working days as per legislation.
18. Details of complaints management:-Complaints must be done in writing outlining the full extent of the complaint, via email
Note that the Seller reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions without notice